    Re: Not so many copies please

    On Fri, Oct 06, 2000 at 17:27:37 -0700, John Hufferd/San Jose/IBM wrote:
    > Folks,
    > I have one procedural item I would like to suggest, that might make our
    > life somewhat easier.
    >
    > I expect that most of you hate opening note after note that are copies of
    > notes that you have already read.  The following technique would help avoid
    > the problem.
    >
    > If you could send you e-Mails to only the list (IPS@ece.cmu.edu), and then
    > put the persons name at the beginning of the note (many of you do that
    > anyway) we could begin to bring down the useless volume of the e-mail.

    I would suggest setting your Reply-To: header to the list if you don't want
    a copy of the message sent directly to you.

    I prefer getting a copy of any responses to my messages, since I filter all
    mailing lists to separate files (using procmail), and don't read some lists
    that often.  A copy of the respose in my incoming mailbox is much more
    conducive to active discussion, since I will see it sooner and therefore
    respond a little faster.

    Ken
    --
    Kenneth Merry