    RE: not every song

    John,

    It is clear your aim is providing a connection to a controller.  I would
    hope a standard would support more than this one song you sing and provide
    access to devices for reasons already mentioned.  How do you envision
    controlling clients?  I wonder about your definition of TCP done right.  It
    is also clear you wish to see TCP change, as you have often repeated.  FCP
    offers WRITE-DATA and READ-RESPONSE structures if desired.  Once a
    reasonable flow control akin to FC Class 3 is added, no structural changes
    are required as shown in
    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-otis-fc-sctp-ip-01.txt.  To
    advocate extensive change, show justification.  Bluster not.

    Doug