    RE: iSCSI Autosense

    Ralph,

    Few wish to mess with odd devices that are talking SCSI in some unknown
    fashion.  To add ACA emulation at an adapter and then fiddle code in the
    original application to send now expected ACA commands seems counter
    productive with these low reward tasks should there be a prior reliance on
    CA.  SAM simply suggests that Sense is not returned as an indication of no
    Autosense.  An explicit refusal could signal the presents of some legacy
    hardware best left untouched and forgotten.  It should mean less work by
    leaving it to the application.  This is not a matter of determining which
    devices support Autosense but rather which devices support ACA or may rely
    on CA. The adapter should be able to work out if refusal is desired.
    Perhaps a response to login could provide this feedback.  An alternative is
    to not send Sense without notification and leave everything as is with this
    understanding.

    Doug