    RE: iSCSI Autosense

    David,

    If you were to add Autosense emulation at the remote adapter, then should it
    be done with ACA emulation as well if tags are supported?  (FCP drives
    require Autosense.) The intent of Autosense and ACA is to ensure recognition
    of an error condition before continuing operation.

    SAM provides for conditional enabling of Autosense if allowed, whereas iSCSI
    provides for the conditional disabling of Autosense making Autosense a
    required feature.  This would also seem to imply ACA would also be a
    required feature.  An effort to achieve for a device which does not
    implement ACA.  By requiring Autosense on all devices, does this create a
    difficult situation?  Keeping the SAM view of Autosense allows a simple
    means of handling these cases.

    Doug