    RE: iSCSI: "Wedge" drivers

    David,

    I understand 3 and I somehow expected it. If I would have to reimplement
    this
    under iSCSI I would choose a plug-in in iSCSI to do it (a policy module)
    and
    iSCSI would clearly support such a construct (and make it also
    future-proof).

    I have some trouble with 1 and 2.  In whatever design you choose at the
    array
    level you have to have some sharing as some commands are targeted to a LU
    and all it's queues (i.e. separation per initiator is never complete if you
    take SAM seriously).
    However some design might choose to share only for those commands - and
    talking to you
    with you chair hat off - I don't think that you are with one of those (:-

    I am no sure I understand 4 either - if the array does no "sense" the fail
    over.

    Now talking to you with your hat on - we are ready to get to the drafting -
    but I feel
    that we are still left with the symmetric/asymmetric dilemma and I would
    appreciate
    input:

    The asymmetric solution is simpler for those using a single connection.

    Is there any serious drawback?

    Dear Colleagues - Please give us feedback.

    We can choose only one solution?  Which is the right one?

    Julo

    Black_David@emc.com on 29/08/2000 16:26:49

    Please respond to Black_David@emc.com