    Re: FC over IP: Requirements

    David:

    The authors of FC Over IP draft see at least 3 distinct options.
    Briefly, this is what we think:

    1. Make effective use of the Congestion Indicator (CE) bit from a modern
    ECN capable Router but
    without the use of any transport. This indicator will then be used as a
    feedback signal to the
    FC-IP device and will have a bearing on the FC BB credit control between
    this device and the upstream
    FC Switch.

    2. Investigate the possible use of a subset of full TCP functionality
    that would suit the requirements
    of this application.

    3. Similarly, investigate the posible use of a subset of SCTP.

    As you can tell, these are mutually exclusive and would be difficult to
    combine them.

    Regards,

    Murali Rajagopal

    muralir@lightSand.com