    Re: Requirements specification

    I did walk (more than once) into a complex network - but instead of looking
    at screens
    I took a look at logs - and they tell a different story than yours.
    A link outage at the middle of a network may result (and usually does) in a
    TCP connection failing.
    Sometimes this is handled by applications but not always. And yes - the
    network does not fail
    but this a statistical argument - some applications may loose hours of work
    as SCSI was designed with a very reliable interconnect in mind.
    A link outage at the end nodes always results in TCP connections getting
    dropped.

    And failover is handled badly at the SCSI layer (and FCP-2 goes a long way
    to avoid percolating errors to SCSI).

    Julo

    David Robinson <David.Robinson@EBay.Sun.COM> on 09/08/2000 22:11:00

    Please respond to David Robinson <David.Robinson@EBay.Sun.COM>