    Re: Requirements specification

    > It would be nice if you would share with us:
    >
    >    what are the "wonderful rerouting properties" you are referring to ?
    >    what is the link technology to do failover ?
    >
    > I am sure only about myself but I guess that many of us are ignorant on the
    > above.

    Walk up to any well designed IP network (some ISP's machine room) and
    randomly cut a network cable, everything just keeps working.  Routers
    detect dead links and use another redundant link.  IP technology is
    giving the Pentagon headaches, no longer does bombing one facility
    wipe out a command and control network. Cheap technology from Cisco
    defeats million dollar bombs!

    > As for availability - several connections and a failover mechanism will
    > make
    > a solution more reliable. The question is who is doing the failover.

    Doing failover between multiple parallel or FC SCSI channels is very
    well known and in wide practice today.  Why is it then a requirement
    that we put it into iSCSI?

    	-David