    ---------------------- Forwarded by Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM on 24/06/2000
    17:18 ---------------------------

    Julian Satran
    23/06/2000 16:09

    To:   Scott Bradner <sob@harvard.edu>
    cc:   Allison Mankin <mankin@east.isi.edu>

    From: Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
    Subject:  status

    Scott,

    I just wanted to inform you that meeting in Haifa went well and we have
    made considerable progress - at
    least in convincing ourselves that there is no major blunder in what we are
    doing.
    As you have probably seen the attendance was covering many companies (and
    many more are getting active on the mailing list).  As expected there was a
    considerable level of anxiety related to the fact
    that our formal status is still unknown (to the extent that we don't know
    even if we have a session at
    IETF-48).
    As you are aware - at current speeds - the protocols we are talking about -
    will have to have some silicon
    support - and silicon builders are reluctant to build on "informal"
    standards. That is the main reason some of us where so anxious to move the
    transport path to solid ground as soon as possible and then proceed
    to integrate related activities (discovery, management etc.) with the rest
    of the IETF world.

    I would appreciate if you could let us know where we are with regard to the
    formal IETF process.
    We will have a revised draft ready for public review before the IETF-48
    deadline.

    Scott Bradner <sob@harvard.edu> on 24/06/2000 15:00:13

    Please respond to Scott Bradner <sob@harvard.edu>