    Re: summary of iSCSI meeting 22 June 2000

    For all those concerned about the recovery discussion here are some
    clarifications:

    1. The whole discussion thread was related to an attempt to recover from
    one TCP connection failure
    in a session that has multiple TCP connections in order to fully exploit
    the fault tolerance level users are expecting when using several
    connections

    2. As we are aware that stateful devices and operation idempotency are hard
    to handle in general terms
    we are currently contemplating mostly recovery mechanisms that are
    "target-centric" (mostly target
    initiated). Obviously we would love to be able to recreate a TCP connection
    in exactly the state it got lost
    but we are not aware of any such magic being available...

    Julo

    Julian Satran - IBM Research Laboratory at Haifa

    David Robinson <robinson@ebay.sun.com> on 22/06/2000 20:30:05

    Please respond to David Robinson <robinson@ebay.sun.com>