    Re: TCP RDMA option to accelerate NFS, CIFS, SCSI, etc.

    True. You can do everything by processing headers... but the you need to
    understand all the protocols that are amased over TCP. To do it in silicon
    it will probably make sense for a subset.
    RDMA is a general purpose solution and the user decides what to do with it.
    You can look at it as a simple way to enable the protocl stack and the
    application to completely separate the protocol state machine (defined by
    headers and/or trailers) from the payload.

    As for the vulnerability to attacks with a good size RDMAID and some
    imagination you can get the same level of protection as with the TCP
    sequence number (even a bit better because sequence numbers can be guessed
    from context).

    Julo

    Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> on 25/02/2000 15:17:05

    Please respond to Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>