    RE: iSCSI - Errata - to 20

    • To: Julian Satran <Julian_Satran@il.ibm.com>, Ips@Ece.Cmu.Edu
    • Subject: RE: iSCSI - Errata - to 20
    • From: Eddy Quicksall <eddy_quicksall@ivivity.com>
    • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 13:43:13 -0400
    • Sender: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    --------------------

    Section 5 says:

       a key=value in the data part of one of the following Login or Text

       Response or Request.

    It is plural so should it say "PDUs"?

       a key=value in the data part of one of the following Login or Text

       Response or Request PDUs.

    -----------------------

    10.12.4 says:

       The version number of the current draft is 0x01. As such, all

       devices MUST carry version 0x01 for both Version-min and Versionmax.

    Version-min and Version-max are a part of a login request. Is it saying that an initiator may only use a min of 1 and a max of 1? Or is this saying that my target can only accept a min of 1 and a max of 1?

    I think your intent is that an initiator complying to this draft must have a Version-max of 1 and a target complying must be able to operate with a Version-min of 1.

    Also, a typo - I think "Versionmax" should be "Version-max".

    ----------------

    Section 11 says:

       Other keys MUST NOT be used.

    What about these?

       a) Z-reversed.vendor.dns_name.do_something=

       b) Z<#><IANA-registered-string>=

    Section 13 says:

       The well-known

       system TCP port number for iSCSI connections assigned by IANA is 860

       and this port can be used with an override.

    Can someone clue me in as to what an "override" is? Does this simply mean I should support bot 3260 and 860 at my target?

    Eddy