    Re: FW: Redirection (was UNH Plugfest 5)

    David,

    The only way to do it cleany the way you want it is to allow the redirect response (0101 and 0102) only in operational parameter stage.
    But that seems rather excessive. If we want to mandate a single way of handling I would suggest stating that 0101 and 0102
    SHOULD be accepted even during authentication (Paul's POV). Again I don't thing it adds anything as local policy may prevent an initiator from
    considering those values.

    Julo

    Black_David@emc.com
    Sent by: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    17/01/03 01:11

    ips@ece.cmu.edu
    cc
    Subject
    FW: Redirection (was UNH Plugfest 5)

    Forwarding an off-list note on this topic - a SHOULD is useful
    here to express a preference for which redirection mechanism
    to use in the presence of authentication.  I prefer the SHOULD
    for redirection after authentication because rogue target attacks
    are more dangerous to iSCSI than rogue initiator attacks because
    the initiator authenticates first when using CHAP.  Redirection
    prior to authentication makes it easier to mount a rogue target
    attack.