    IPS draft status

    While all the discussion about iSCSI's been going on,
    I've been working on advancing a number of other drafts ...

    The current state of the FCIP SLP draft should be "Revised
    ID Needed", as instructions have been conveyed to the draft
    author on resolution of the expert review comments and nit
    clean up.  Many of the expert review comments are also
    applicable to the iscsi-slp draft.

    The draft tracker currently shows 4 IPS drafts in "AD Followup"
    state.  All four of them have had their reasons for being in this
    state cleared and should be headed for IESG approval and the RFC
    Editor's queue in the near future:
    -   The RFC Editor will be instructed to insert text into the
    	FC Encapsulation and FCIP drafts explaining that
    	"character" is used in the same fashion as Fibre Channel
    	specs when describing 8b/10b coding, and does not mean
    	"text character".
    - Revised versions of iFCP and the IPS security drafts have
    	cleared the technical issues that were holding them up.

    The draft tracker currently shows 3 IPS drafts in the "Revised
    ID Needed" state.  The revised -20 version of iSCSI will be
    submitted shortly, and should be headed for IESG approval.  The
    iSCSI boot draft needs significant revision to address security
    issues - it'll need to go back through IPS WG Last Call.  The
    iSCSI naming and discovery draft needs minor revisions to address
    IESG comments; that revised version will go directly back to the
    IESG.  I'm pleasantly surprised that the naming draft (and the
    naming material in the main iSCSI draft seems to be going through
    without major issues (and hope this doesn't jinx it) - many
    thanks to folks who worked on naming & discovery.

    The following three drafts need revised versions to clear up nits
    before they can be submitted to the ADs/IESG:
    - iSNS
    - iSCSI SLP
    - iSCSI stringprep
    In the case of iSCSI SLP, the appropriate expert review
    comments from the FCIP SLP draft also need to be applied.
    Instructions have been provided to the authors in all cases.

    That leaves the MIBs - I need to consult with our MIB
    expert, Keith McCloghrie, on getting these on their way
    to the IESG, and will update the WG afterwards.

    +1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
    black_david@emc.com        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754

Last updated: Fri Jan 17 14:18:58 2003
12209 messages in chronological order