    Re: iSCSI: plugfest4 issues

    Let's disect:

    I wrote:

    > I'd only note that when status is CHECK CONDITION
    > (respoinse = CCT), then residuals SHOULD NOT be set.
    > I.e. the target SHOULD NOT look inside the sense data
    > and retrieve them (EXTENDED COPY exception).
    > This is the responsibility of the ULP at the initiator.

    The only problem I see here is that one may wrongly
    interpret target/initiator. I meant iSCSI target,
    iSCSI initiator, i.e. the transport shouldn't
    peek inside the sense data and mess with SCSI.
    It SHOULD act as a transport only.

    > As to the future, I cannot imagine a CHECK CONDITION
    > status and residuals reported by any other means
    > than the already established (inside the sense data).
    > So this condition is as strong as MUST, but should
    > be left as SHOULD NOT, and probably not mentioned at
    > all, as is the current matter.

    Well, since reporting residuals with CHECK CONDITION
    is already established as the residual being reported
    IN the body of the sense data, I cannot imagine
    that in the future when status is CHECK CONDITION
    then the residuals will be anywhere else BUT in the
    sense data.

    > Also, a transport (iSCSI) shouldn't be influenced by
    > another transport (FCP), but only by the unifying layer,
    > i.e. SAM-3.

    Well?

    --
    Luben