    RE: iSCSI: plugfest4 issues

    David,

    the current text already says this but how about?

    The Residual Count field MUST be valid in the case where either the U bit or the O bit is set. If neither bit is set, the Residual Count field is reserved. Targets may set the residual count and initiators may use it when the response code is "completed at target" (even if the status returned is not GOOD). If the O bit is set, the Residual Count indicates the number of bytes that were not transferred because the initiator's Expected Data Transfer Length was not sufficient. If the U bit is set, the Residual Count indicates the number of bytes that were not transferred out of the number of bytes expected to be transferred.

    Julo

    Black_David@emc.com

    08/05/2002 06:53 PM