    Re: An error message from iscsi target

    To those of you who couldn't recognize that I emailed this
    to IPS _by__mistake_ at 5 in the morning and who couldn't just
    ignore it and move on (as is my experience with other mailing lists),
    but had to email me personally asking for explanation:

    IGNORE THIS MESSAGE, it was emailed to ips by mistake at 5 in the morning
    when I was _extremely_ tired.

    Luben Tuikov wrote:

    > Luben Tuikov wrote:
    > >
    > > > James Lee wrote:
    > > >
    > > [cut]
    > > > Mar 23 01:08:28 <K> kernel: iSCSI:Send thread for connection 0 started.
    > > > Mar 23 01:08:28 <K> kernel: iSCSI:Receive thread for connection 0 started.
    > > > Mar 23 01:08:45 <K> kernel: iSCSI:Send thread for connection 0 started.
    > > > Mar 23 01:08:45 <K> kernel: iSCSI:Receive thread for connection 0 started.
    > > > Mar 23 01:09:04 <K> kernel: iSCSI:Send thread for connection 0 started.
    > > > Mar 23 01:09:04 <K> kernel: iSCSI:Receive thread for connection 0 started.
    > >
    > > Here I'd assume that you connected to two separate disks, right?
    > > If not, then the problem starts here.
    > >
    > > > Mar 23 01:24:16 <K> kernel: iSCSI:atomic_count != 0 <======================= HERE
    > >
    > > Yep, this is a problem and if you can reproduce this (very importand to be
    > > able to do so), then I'd be glad to see how.
    >
    > Spelling: ``important''. Doh -- I need some sleep.
    >
    > > Once you get this, a kernel panic is imminent sooner or later.
    >
    > I.e. you better reboot as soon as you see this.
    >
    > Did you fix the scsi hosts same number problem?
    >
    > You should eliminate those first before pointing the finger
    > at the target implementation.
    >
    > If indeed this is the target implementation and you and I
    > can separately reproduce this, then I'd be really curious
    > to see how this happens. I cannot imagine where or how...
    >
    > Try to reproduce this with 1, then with 2 then with 3 hosts,
    > etc.
    >
    > Will check it tomorrow, er, later today.

Last updated: Thu Aug 01 04:19:16 2002
11507 messages in chronological order