    From: Praveen madhavan [mailto:praveenm@nettaxi.com]
    Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 7:38 AM
    To: ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject: Invalid Pdus received during Login phase

    Hi,
     I would like to know the behavior of Target, when it receives invalid Pdu's
    during login phase.
       Will target generates login response with Error of status detail
    -"Invalid during login" and terminates the connections.
    Or Reject command with reason code- "Protocol Error/Invalid PDU".

     If Invalid Pdus are received by Target, even before login phase
    ( I mean just before first login request from initiator), i think target
    can't send login response for it since it was not aware of ISID. In such
    senario how will target react ?

    regards
    Praveen.M

    NEW - FREE Nettaxi 56kbs Dial-up INTERNET ACCESS with NO ADS or Ad Bars!
    http://www.nettaxi.com/isp/

Last updated: Fri Aug 02 02:19:31 2002
11518 messages in chronological order