    Re: IPS-ALL: FC Mgmt MIB WG Last Call

    Duane,

    > OK, I understand that this MIB is a replacement for both draft-ietf-ipfc-
    > fcmgmt-int-mib-07.txt and RFC 2837, and it appears to be an excellent
    > effort  relative to these objectives and in fixing the many problems in the
    > original MIBs.  But I also assume one of the priorities of this WG is to
    > identify the migration path for users of the new MIB, which is why I raised
    > the issue.  (I also raised the same issue back in April of this year.)
    >
    > The ability to discover a management URL is important and is widely used
    > today.  Can you help in bringing this requirement to the Entity MIB WG?  Or

    As I indicated in my previous message, I already did what you're asking
    for; I took the requirement for each of the removed objects to the
    Entity MIB WG.  Some of them have since been adopted there.  For the
    others, perhaps I didn't explain the requirement for them as well as
    you could.  Nevertheless, I believe it will take a sustained effort to
    get them not only adopted but progressed to standardization.  I'm sorry
    but I don't have the time or motivation for such a sustained effort.
    In contrast, you seem to be motivated; so, the question is: do you have
    the time ??

    Keith.

    > maybe as you mention, a management MIB is a better approach - but is there
    > such an effort underway?  The concept of a management URL object could
    > definitely be improved on relative to "connUnitUrl", such as allowing
    > multiple URL entries.
    >
    > Duane Baldwin

Last updated: Tue Jul 30 10:39:08 2002
11481 messages in chronological order