    RE: iSCSI: v15 R2T and DATA-OUT

    I will add a strong statement about field consistency somewhere in 2.

    Julo

                          "Rod Harrison"
                          <rod.harrison@win        To:       Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
                          driver.com>              cc:       <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
                                                   Subject:  RE: iSCSI: v15 R2T and DATA-OUT
                          07/26/2002 03:08
                          AM

    Julian,

                 OK, that's the answer to my question then. The wording that's
    there
    right now doesn't say what the initiator should do if the LUN in an
    R2T doesn't match the LUN it sent in the command PDU.

                 So the resolution is that the initiator should treat a LUN
    inconsistency between R2T and command as a protocol error. I suggest
    we add a note to that effect where we talk about LUN in the R2T PDU
    description, that would be 9.8.5 in the v15 working draft.

                 - Rod