    RE: iSCSI: DLB's [T.6] 2.3 iSCSI Session Types

    You have a good point and it was made before but it was the compromise
    reached after a long debate
    and I am still opposed to embedded discovery but I can accept it as a
    lesser evil if the session is short.

    I can agree with MUST but I will resist adding any notification.

    It is just the wrong thing to do.

    Julo

                          Black_David@emc.c
                          om                       To:       Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
                          Sent by:                 cc:       ips@ece.cmu.edu
                          owner-ips@ece.cmu        Subject:  RE: iSCSI: DLB's [T.6] 2.3  iSCSI Session Types
                          .edu

                          07/09/2002 09:38
                          AM
                          Please respond to
                          Black_David

    Julian,

    Your "at its own risk" is an invitation to interoperability problems -
    if Discovery sessions are meant to be fixed functionality, then an
    Initiator that attempts to exceed that functionality needs to get
    told NO - otherwise we're going to see READ commands on Discovery
    sessions to get additional configuration information, and then
    task management, and ... this neat stuff will only work right
    when the same implementation is on both ends of the connection.

    I have a separate reply to Ayman's message coming that contains
    an attempt at requirements text, but it's longer than I would like.