    From: LEMAY,KEVIN (A-Roseville,ex1) [mailto:kevin_lemay@agilent.com]
    Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2002 12:01 PM
    To: Julian_Satran@il.ibm.com
    Cc: ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject: ISCSI: Login Parameters - Defaults?

    Page 64 in iSCSI v12 says,

     "All negotiations are stateless and explicit (i.e., the result MUST be
    based only on newly exchanged values). There is no such thing as implicit
    offers. If an explicit offer is not made then a reply cannot be expected."

    It is unclear to me how this is supposed to work. Does this mean that I must
    negotiate every key pair? This is confusing because chapter 11 still
    contains default values.

    If I do not negotiate a parameter, is it assumed to be set at the default or
    must I negotiate every parameter ?

    If I must negotiate every parameter, then the "default" value should be
    removed or renamed to "suggested setting".

    Thanks,

    Kevin Lemay

Last updated: Thu Apr 25 15:18:23 2002
9786 messages in chronological order