    Re: Clarification of no duplicate parameter for login

    Jamie,

    The statements are not conflicting.  And I will remove the first statement
    as it became redundant.

    |         |           "Jamie S. Tuttle"|
    |         |           <jtuttle@trebia.c|
    |         |           om>              |
    |         |           owner-ips@ece.cmu|
    |         |           .edu             |
    |         |           04/17/2002 10:21 |
    |         |           "Jamie S. Tuttle"|
      >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
      |                                                                                                                |
      |       To:       <ips@ece.cmu.edu>                                                                              |
      |       cc:                                                                                                      |
      |       Subject:  Clarification of no duplicate parameter for login                                              |
      |                                                                                                                |
      |                                                                                                                |
      >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

    This is another of those silly posts but, the change log states "Clarified
    no duplicate parameter for login." In section 4.3 there is the following
    paragraph:

    "Neither the initiator nor the target should attempt to negotiate a
    parameter more than once during any login stage. Attempting to do so will
    result in the termination of the login and connection."

    Later in the same section is the following paragraph:

    "Neither the initiator nor the target should attempt to negotiate a
    parameter more than once during login If detected by the target this MUST
    result in a Login reject (initiator error). The initiator MUST drop the
    connection."

    My understanding is that the latter of the two paragraphs is the
    clarification. Are both paragraphs intended to be present in the final
    document?

    My apologies for the trivial nature of this post but I felt I needed to
    ask.

    Regards,

    Jamie S. Tuttle
    Trebia Networks