    Clarification of no duplicate parameter for login

    • To: <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
    • Subject: Clarification of no duplicate parameter for login
    • From: "Jamie S. Tuttle" <jtuttle@trebia.com>
    • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 15:21:01 -0400
    • Sender: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    This is another of those silly posts but, the change log states "Clarified no duplicate parameter for login." In section 4.3 there is the following paragraph:

    "Neither the initiator nor the target should attempt to negotiate a parameter more than once during any login stage. Attempting to do so will result in the termination of the login and connection."

    Later in the same section is the following paragraph:

    "Neither the initiator nor the target should attempt to negotiate a parameter more than once during login If detected by the target this MUST result in a Login reject (initiator error). The initiator MUST drop the connection."

    My understanding is that the latter of the two paragraphs is the clarification. Are both paragraphs intended to be present in the final document?

    My apologies for the trivial nature of this post but I felt I needed to ask.

    Regards,

    Jamie S. Tuttle
    Trebia Networks
    jtuttle@trebia.com