    Concensus call: Inclusion of DH-CHAP

    Hi all,

    I would like to get the ball rolling on inclusion of DH-CHAP as an authentication method.

    At this time, the consensus call is simply on whether this method should be included as a method, and NOT if it should be MAY or MUST.

    Based on the discussion, I believe that there are enough people that believe that DH-CHAP has enough merit to include it in the specification, but am requesting confirmation from the group.

    Here are the questions I would like this group to answer:

    1)     Should DH-CHAP, in its current form, be included as an authentication method?

    2)     Should it be included in addition to those already in the document, or as a replacement for CHAP?

    Again, this is NOT a consensus call on which should be the mandatory to implement protocol.

    That will follow next week.

    Any input on this call should be submitted by Saturday.  On Sunday, I will be reviewing and posting the results, so that the editors of the iSCSI and IPS Security drafts can begin making changes as appropriate to their documentation, if necessary.

    Thanks,

    Elizabeth Rodriguez

    IPS co-chair.

    P. S. On the current discussion – the discussion is centering around the vulnerabilities of DH-CHAP in an active attack.

    I have requested input from the Transport ADs on this topic, and will be posting an email on this dialog shortly

Last updated: Mon Apr 22 17:18:26 2002
9750 messages in chronological order