    RE: iSCSI: TSIH clarifications

    I did already prompted by an earlier mail. Thanks anyhow. Julo

    "KRUEGER,MARJORIE (HP-Roseville,ex1)" <marjorie_krueger@hp.com>
    Sent by: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    04/13/2002 03:33 AM
    Please respond to "KRUEGER,MARJORIE (HP-Roseville,ex1)"

            To:        Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
            cc:        ips@ece.cmu.edu
            Subject:        RE: iSCSI: TSIH clarifications

    > Draft 11-94 text:
    >
    > 9.13.3  TSIH
    >
    >      The TSIH is the target assigned component of the session
    > identifier
    >      (SSID).  TSIH MUST be valid only in the final response.
    > The target is
    >      generating and using it and its internal format and
    > content are not
    >      defined by this protocol except for the value 0 that is
    > reserved and
    >      used by the initiator to indicate a new session.  It is
    > given to the
    >      target, during additional connection establishment for
    > the same ses-
    >      sion, to identify the associated session for the target.

    The first sentence of 9.13.3 is incorrect and contradicts the definition of
    SSID in Section 1 (page 24 )  This sentence should be deleted, this
    paragraph need only address TSIH behavior in a Login Response.

Last updated: Sat Apr 13 04:18:46 2002
9649 messages in chronological order