    iFCP: Broadcast support

    We are considering a client-server variant of the above in which the iSNS
    server supplies the address of a an iFCP "broadcast server", rather than
    performing the actual broadcast itself.  An iFCP gateway that supports FC
    broadcast would implement the iFCP Broadcast Client and may implement the
    iFCP Broadcast Server function. Broadcast traffic would be sent and received
    using iFCP.

    The server replicates any FC frames it receives and retransmits them to
    broadcast clients on other gateways for local redistribution.  A client does
    not receive a copy of any broadcast frame it originates.

    The broadcast server and its clients would each have an N_PORT network
    address whose N_PORT I/D component was 0xff-ff-ff ( corresponding to the
    well-known address of the FC broadcast server.)

    Charles

Last updated: Wed Nov 28 07:18:00 2001
7924 messages in chronological order