    RE: iSCSI: IPsec tunnel / transport mode decision

    Bill,

    > I actually would prefer if we didn't say anything other than a statement
    > saying "Here is a policy that will cover IPS traffic" from there it is up to
    > compliant IPsec implementations to utilize this policy...
    >
    > Being that the WG feels that just specifying a coverage policy is adequate,
    > but must get into specifying portions of the IPsec functionality, I would
    > prefer Tunnel mode, because as far as I can tell, no one has shown a
    > functional e-e transport mode implementation in the wild...
    >
    > Can anyone point to one ?

    I think Borderware has a bridge proxy which supports
    transport mode but you would need to double-check.

    You must be aware of OpenBSD's bridging which came close
    but did not do transport mode, since RFC 2401 requires
    that transport mode must not be applied to IP fragments.

    Anything In the wild..? dunno

    -Sandeep

    > Bill
    > Bill Strahm     Software Development is a race between Programmers
    > Member of the   trying to build bigger and better idiot proof software
    > Technical Staff and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better
    > bill@sanera.net idiots.
    > (503) 601-0263  So far the Universe is winning --- Rich Cook

Last updated: Fri Nov 09 13:17:38 2001
7697 messages in chronological order