    Re: Connection Recovery

    Hi,

    The only possible state that CLEANUP_WAIT eventually ends up is
    FREE (on timeout or successful implicit/explicit logout).

    If task reassignment happens unrelated to connection state, is there any
    other resource associated with connection that can be still used while it is
    in CLEANUP_WAIT state.

    Why do we have to wait for initiator to send logout to clean up things.

    Regards,
    Rahul

    > A successful connection logout (implicit or explicit) must precede the
    > task reassignments during a connection recovery operation.
    >
    > But please note that the notion of "connection cleanup" (graceful closing
    of
    > previously operational iSCSI connection) in the state diagrams goes beyond
    > the connection recovery (in fact, that is the reason I renamed from its
    > previous
    > name, please refer to my email to ips on 11/2/01 with the slide posting
    > announcement).
    > A connection cleanup is highly desirable even in the absence of task
    > reassignment,
    > to quickly reclaim the tags and buffers on either end (or, both sides
    would
    > have
    > to wait for a connection timeout to happen, symbolized by the M1
    > transition).
    >
    > >Once a CSM-E or a CSM-I
    > >drives the connection to free state, all the pending tasks need to be
    freed
    > up.
    >
    > Not correct.  The decision to free up the pending tasks is depedent on the
    > operational ErrorRecoveryLevel in the CSM-I case (please look at the
    > discussion in section 3.12.2), or is dependent on the Logout reason code
    > (recovery Vs close) in the CSM-E case.  All the FREE state symbolizes
    > really is that the iSCSI connection is gracefully closed with a successful
    > explicit/implit iSCSI Logout.  The pending tasks at this point have no
    > connection allegiance, and are loosely "owned" by the session.  It is
    > legitimate
    > for the pending tasks to be existent (waiting for reassignment) even when
    > all the connections reported FREE (please look at the discussion under
    > 3.15.2, Time2Retain).
    >
    > Regards.
    > --
    > Mallikarjun