    RE: iSCSI minimum PDU length

    • To: "Julian Satran" <Julian_Satran@il.ibm.com>
    • Subject: RE: iSCSI minimum PDU length
    • From: "Martin, Nick" <Nick.Martin@compaq.com>
    • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 14:26:52 -0500
    • Cc: <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
    • content-class: urn:content-classes:message
    • Sender: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    Julian,

    This is for the data after the PDU header right?
    This will be the guaranteed lowest value anyone will be forced to deal
    with.
    Implementations may negotiate for any value greater than or equal to
    this value.

    This is acceptable and it is a good choice because it is the largest
    power of 2 that will fit within minimum Ethernet MTU of ~1500 and leaves
    plenty of room for iSCSI and LLP headers.

    Thanks,
    Nick