    RE: iSCSI version number

    The UNH plugfest is testing implementations based version 0 or version 6.
    These are conveniently differentiated by using version code 0x00 for version
    0 and 0x01 for version 6.  Implementations based on versions 1-5 are
    discouraged by the plugfest choice.  Since there will exist numerous version
    6 implementations, I think it's advantageous for the iSCSI version number to
    increment from this point forward to differentiate them from newer
    implementations.

    Unfortunately, UNH created a bit of a mess by asking that version 7 opcode
    encoding be used with the version 6 implementations without incrementing the
    version number.  I expect that to create some confusion (easily solved by a
    recompile, I hope).
    ---
    Rob Elliott, Compaq Server Storage
    Robert.Elliott@compaq.com