    RE: iSCSI: Wrapping up SendTargets

    Charles,

    Without drawing any conclusions as to the general merits of iSNS, it is new,
    based on a simple flat file, and likely not the best choice when
    implementing a difficult to maintain boot ROM code.  There are alternative
    solutions to the indicated problems that have driven a perceived need for a
    new service in my view.  From that perspective, it would be much better to
    use something already mature and stable.  I agree that a convergence on a
    common solution would be good, but my hopes would be to use something
    already in place based on mature and stable code.

    Doug