    RE: iSCSI: text commands that set mode parameters

    • To: <eddy_quicksall@ivivity.com>
    • Subject: RE: iSCSI: text commands that set mode parameters
    • From: "Robert Griswold" <rgriswold@Crossroads.com>
    • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 15:26:51 -0500
    • Cc: <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
    • content-class: urn:content-classes:message
    • Sender: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    Eddy:

    I have found a couple of threads on this subject, and it seems that
    quite a few others involved in T10 work agree with you on the fact that
    mode page or setting manipulation outside of the mode commands is not
    in-line with the scope of the iSCSI mapping.  I see that iSCSI needs to
    be able to manipulate items such as Disconnect/Reconnect and BurstSize,
    but if those settings live in Mode Pages, then iSCSI needs to use mode
    commands to get or change them, right?

    These threads discuss mode pages, but I am not sure I see any resolution
    to this redundancy yet.  Can anyone tell me if there was a final
    decision to modify the mode page language Eddy refers to?

    http://ips.pdl.cs.cmu.edu/mail/msg04176.html
    http://ips.pdl.cs.cmu.edu/mail/msg03519.html

    Robert Griswold
    Technologist