    RE: iSCSI boot

    David,

    Rather than attempting to replicate a micro NFS client level of complexity
    in a boot NAS, A DUA to obtain parameters should allow immediate use of a
    SAN.  As far as the level of complexity, the means of obtaining the required
    access together with code exists today.  It is simply a matter of defining
    the structures.  Yes, it is different from starting with a NAS.  DHCP passes
    a limited number of parameters and will be overwhelmed by the demands for
    starting an iSCSI session.  LDAP can easily accommodate these demands
    without one bit of the protocol modified or new DHCP parameters defined.
    There could simply be a table defined in the boot image for that matter if
    LDAP seems to difficult but that seems difficult to manage.

    Doug