    TCP Framing

    I checked with the TSVWG chairs (our overworked Transport
    Area Directors), and the current state of the TCP framing
    world is that TSVWG expects to advance a slightly
    modified version of the tcpulpframe draft discussed
    in Minneapolis to become an RFC of some form in the
    near future (subject to timely revision by the authors).

    This suggests that making iSCSI markers mandatory may
    not be a wise decision.  We'll need to see the revised
    version of tcpulpframe and understand what the IESG
    does with it before figuring out the right wording
    to deal with it in iSCSI, but this should probably
    be viewed as the default TCP framing mechanism.

    Let me remind everyone that TCP framing drafts get
    discussed on the tsvwg list, *not* here.  I put this
    message up in response to earlier messages expressing
    concern about lack of knowledge about what TSVWG
    intends to do in this area.

    +1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500