    iSCSI : Status SNACK mandatory ?

    Rev 06 seems to indicate that Status SNACK is still mandatory (?).

    I thought the group had consensus that Status SNACK recovery must not be
    mandated and Julian had agreed to make it optional. (See
    http://ips.pdl.cs.cmu.edu/mail/msg04008.html).

    The following text in rev 06 seems to indicate that target support for
    Status SNACK is still mandatory :

    Section 2.16
    "iSCSI targets MUST support Status SNACK and MAY support Data SNACK."

    Section 6.7.2 :
    "The initiator MAY request the missing responses through SNACK, in which
    case the target MUST reissue them."

    Some clarifications on whether SNACK recovery schemes are going to be
    optional would be helpful.

    - Santosh

    Ayman Ghanem wrote:

    > Is Status SNACK reject going to be added as a reason for a reject PDU?. If
    > not, what is the appropriate behavior on a target receiving a status SNACK
    > that it can not fulfill?. Should it terminate the connection?.
    >
    > -Ayman

    begin:vcard
    n:Rao;Santosh
    tel;work:408-447-3751
    x-mozilla-html:FALSE
    org:Hewlett Packard, Cupertino.;SISL
    adr:;;19420, Homestead Road, M\S 43LN,	;Cupertino.;CA.;95014.;USA.
    version:2.1
    email;internet:santoshr@cup.hp.com
    title:Software Design Engineer
    x-mozilla-cpt:;21088