    Re: iSCSI Parameter Negotiation

    Bob,

     - 1 - I've seen it (too late for 6)
    I'll see what I can do about 2.

    "Robert D. Russell" <rdr@mars.iol.unh.edu> on 27/04/2001 21:23:37

    Please respond to "Robert D. Russell" <rdr@mars.iol.unh.edu>

    To:   Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
    cc:   ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject:  Re: iSCSI Parameter Negotiation

    Julo:

    Two small points:

    1) I believe there is a minor formating error in draft 6 -- the title
       page for Appendix A is out of place -- it appears on page 96,
       before section 8.  Consequently, Appendix A on page 96 is empty,
       and then all the other Appendix labels are shifted, so the label
       Appendix B on page 104 really should be labeled Appendix A,
       the label Appendix C on page 118 really should be labeled Appendix B,
       etc.

    2) The term "operational parameters" is used in many places in draft 6,
       but is never actually defined anywhere.  To me, it appears that there
       are only two types of parameters: security parameters, which are all
       listed in Appendix A, and operational parameters, which are all
       listed in Appendix D.  Therefore, I would suggest a change in the title
       of Appendix D from: "Login/Text Miscellaneous Keys" to
       "Login/Text Operational Keys" or just "Operational Keys".

       The definition of "security parameters" is clearly stated at the end
       of the first paragraph on page 83: "For a list of security parameters
       see Appendix A."  A similar statement should be added somewhere
       in section 4.3 on page 84: "For a list of operational parameters
       see Appendix D."  Alternatively (or additionally), the statement just
       quoted on page 83 could be modified to read: "All security parameters
       are listed in Appendix A, and all operational parameters in Appendix D."

    Bob Russell
    InterOperability Lab
    University of New Hampshire
    rdr@iol.unh.edu