    Re: iSCSI Target Reset

    Absolutely not,  Why would we think that impacting 32 different other
    initiators is an OK thing to do.  By the way there are lots more Initiators
    possible with FC on Shark, and would hope that there would be even more
    with iSCSI.

    I have been told that these large Storage Controllers do not support Target
    Reset today.  So I see no loss in not supporting such an item in iSCSI
    especially since many Initiators will be beyond even the distances and
    mischief that is possible with FC.

    .
    .
    .
    John L. Hufferd
    Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
    IBM/SSG San Jose Ca
    (408) 256-0403, Tie: 276-0403,  eFax: (408) 904-4688
    Internet address: hufferd@us.ibm.com

    Santosh Rao <santoshr@cup.hp.com>@ece.cmu.edu on 04/23/2001 01:24:02 PM

    Sent by:  owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu