    RE: draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-rqmts-02.txt

    Marjorie,

    XML?

    Pg 6.
        "(5)  Development of specifications for iSCSI device management as MIBs,
             XML schemas, etc."

    XML is a method for data markup.  Hopefully a URN assigned by IANA will
    become the XML Namespace's name.  Standard practice within W3C is to not use
    PUBLIC identifiers and instead use 'well known' SYSTEM identifiers.  Is an
    XML schema in lieu of an LDAP schema to allow use of XML namespace?

    Pg 4.
       "The format for the iSCSI names MUST use existing naming authorities.

       An iSCSI name SHOULD be a human readable string in an international
       character set encoding.

       Standard internet lookup services SHOULD be used to resolve iSCSI names."

    Pg 7.

       "The iSCSI protocol MUST provide a means of identifying an iSCSI storage
       device by a unique identifier that is independent of the path on which it
       is found.  This name will be used to correlate alternate paths to the
    same
       device.  The format for the iSCSI names MUST use existing naming
       authorities, to avoid creating new central administrative tasks.  An
    iSCSI
       name SHOULD be a human readable string in an international character set
       encoding."

    Would a naming authority include XML?  Why was an XML schema chosen over an
    LDAP schema as follow on documentation.  XML is relatively new compared to
    LDAP and will require coordination with W3C standards bodies.

    Example of XML data types:

    <!NOTATION string
       SYSTEM "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes/string">
    <!NOTATION number
       SYSTEM "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes/number">
    <!NOTATION int
       SYSTEM "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes/int">

    The associated URI may be some other notation. Optionally, such referents
    may be Java classes, XSL stylesheets, et. al.

    For a XML schema example see:
    http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.xsd

    Doug