    RE: iSCSI Naming: WWUIs, URNs, and namespaces

    How does this relate to URLs?  Does this mean we can't specify a URL format
    for iSCSI resources?  Can you provide the logic behind the IESG pronouncing
    that the IESG won't approve another global namespace?  It sounds like the
    logic the TCP group used to reject the need for framing first time round("If
    we allowed every yahoo that wanted changes to the TCP header, TCP wouldn't
    be what it is today..")

    Its not clear to me why the N&D group thinks iSCSI devices need globally
    unique names.  It seems like a host name is unique enough, and behind that
    it's up to the host to ensure uniqueness locally.

    Marjorie Krueger
    Networked Storage Architecture
    Networked Storage Solutions Org.
    Hewlett-Packard