    RE: iSCSI Data Integrity - Digests

    > With my TC Hat on:
    > YP and others,
    > It does not matter if you are technically right.  We have been over and
    > over this. Please let it lay.  If you are sending something that is
    > technically TCP/IP but has some extra (legal) trick.  That is of course
    > fine, if you are talking to your own adapter.  We here in the IETF would
    > not like to talk about your tricks to your adapter.  We need to have
    > knowledge that works with other vendors HW and SW Targets.  That means we
    > have to define how to use the tricks, and exploit them.  As you know we
    > have been told Over and Over that the IETF as a whole will NOT accept this
    > kind of thing in our draft standard, so we should not waste our time and
    > reflector bandwidth talking about it.
    >
    > If you folks just have to talk about it, please take it off the reflector.

    I apologize for giving you the impression of wanting to talk about something
    not appropriate on this reflector.  As you know, I wrote in responding to
    comments on non-Standard TCP implementation.  The real question is that each
    time a new TCP option is added, does the old TCP remains as Standard or the
    new TCP becomes a new Standard. I stated that this WG was prohibited from
    discussing this topic.  But, many people in this WG does not seem to realize
    that iSCSI chips will have new TCP features and options whether we like it
    or not.  While this reflector doesn't wish to talk about TCP, it certainly
    could not demand that all new TCP implementations for iSCSI are prohibited.
    Peace!