    iSCSI : LOGO originated by target. (fwd)

    Julian,

    I did not see any response on this issue and hence, I am re-sending this
    again.

    Issue :
    =======
    iSCSI requires targets to use AEN to request a logout, rather than allowing
    targets to originate a Logout Command PDU.

    Problem :
    =========
    1) The AEN feature is turned off by default
    (RAERP, UAAERP and EAERP bits in control mode page set to 0)
    thereby turning off AEN on the target side.

    2) AEN usage requires host SCSI Stacks to be modified since they may not be
    turning on RAERP, UAAERP or EAERP in the control mode page.

    3) Targets that need to logout an initiator cannot depend on AEN since the
    host may have disabled AEN, and hence, need to be allowed to originate a
    Logout.

    Proposed Solution :
    iSCSI should allow targets to originate logouts.

    Thanks,
    Santosh

    --
    Santosh Rao