    Re: iSCSI : Initiators expected to fake CHECK CONDITIONS.

    Santosh,

    I understand your concerns.

    The previous versions had the response field in the response PDU as a
    summary of several format errors.  The format was selected to be close to
    FCP.  FCP cumulates there the task management responses (for which we have
    a separate  PDU) and the format errors.

    Surfacing the Service Response can be accomplished either through a command
    response  or through a  command reject  and we decided that with the format
    we have we can give more details than with the response field.

    However we could not find any mapping of the a service response neither in
    SAM nor in FCP nor in CAM.  We could leave this mapping to be
    implementation dependent (and that is a perfectly valid choice as it has to
    be supported by the OS) or we could map it into a Status and Sense and we
    though that this is closer to what we would like an initiator to do in
    order to express its unhappiness with a specific target implementation
    (regardless of the sacrosanct layering).

    Nevertheless we are open to suggestions.

    Santosh Rao <santoshr@cup.hp.com> on 13/01/2001 06:14:20

    Please respond to Santosh Rao <santoshr@cup.hp.com>