    Re: iSCSI : Concerns regarding DataRN in READ Data PDU.

    Santosh,

    The general assumption was that a target is resource constrained.
    If a target wants acks an initiator should be able to give those to the
    target.
    If a target gives a large number in the DataNumber it practically says that
    it can do without and will request ACK explicitly or not at all. Letting an
    initiator control this might negatively impact performance for unrelated
    initiators as the target will be bound to keep resources for the lazy
    initiator.

    I hope this clarifies the issue.

    Julo

    Santosh Rao <santoshr@cup.hp.com> on 14/01/2001 00:16:33