    iSCSI : Abort Task Response violates SAM-2.

    Julian,

    SAM-2 Rev 15 Section 6.1 states that  :

    "a response of FUNCTION COMPLETE shall indicate task was aborted or task was
    not in task set".

    The iSCSI draft is violating SAM-2 by returning "task not found" when the task
    was not in task set.

    Thanks,
    Santosh

    julian_satran@il.ibm.com wrote:

    > Well then Task does not exist will get all enough differentiation.
    > If you could not agree with reject (not enough differentiation) another use
    > can
    > have difficulty in accepting the other extreme - completed when a task is
    > really not found.
    >
    > Julo
    >
    > Pierre Labat <pierre_labat@hp.com> on 10/01/2001 01:00:01
    >
    > Please respond to Pierre Labat <pierre_labat@hp.com>
    >
    > To:   ips@ece.cmu.edu
    > cc:
    > Subject:  iSCSI : Further review feedback on latest iSCSI-02.txt draft.
    >
    > Julian
    >

    > Section 2.6. SCSI Task Management Response
    > ==================================
    > The referenced Task Tag field can be removed since the
    > "No Task Found" response error is not valid.
    > (A Target should respond with an accept for an Abort Task
    > request specifying an invalid Initator Task Tag).
    > [js]Different people have different opinions on this - even with HP -
    > talk
    > to Pierre! [/js]
    > <<<<<<<<<
    >
    > We are in agreement, it is just a point of terminology.
    >
    > Some month ago, we had a discussion on the IPS about what to do in
    > case the target doesn't find the task to abort.
    > I requested that the Abort response returns "OK"
    > (something different than Function rejected).
    > You added the value "Task not found".
    > But "Function complete" can works too.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Pierre

    begin:vcard
    n:Rao;Santosh
    tel;work:408-447-3751
    x-mozilla-html:FALSE
    org:Hewlett Packard, Cupertino.;SISL
    adr:;;19420, Homestead Road, M\S 43LN,	;Cupertino.;CA.;95014.;USA.
    version:2.1
    email;internet:santoshr@cup.hp.com
    title:Software Design Engineer
    x-mozilla-cpt:;21088