    RE: iFCP as an IP Storage Work Item

    Hi:

    It appears to me that this thread has pretty much deteriorated into a
    billboard for marketing messages and positioning statements.  Apparently, a
    lot of folks have decided that repeating the same mantras over and over is a
    good substitute for an in-depth technical discourse based on the merits.
    Solemn pronouncements about the viability of this or that "long term
    solution" also appear to serve the same purpose.

    I'm a also little fed up with the bogus notion that it ought to be the job
    of this organization to bless one technology under the pretext that others
    are "unproductive", would "cause confusion and divisiveness", or would be
    "difficult to debug", etc, etc, ad nauseum. Those who think they have a
    better way ought to waste less time trying to stifle innovation and take
    their case to the marketplace.

    Yes, iFCP, like any other proposal, needs to come up to the bar by uniquely
    adding technical value. In that regard, no one gets a pass. As far as that
    criteria for acceptance is concerned, we believe we meet the standard.

    Next....

    Charles
    Charles Monia
    Senior Technology Consultant