    RE: new iSCSI draft - 02.txt

    Dave,

    I think that a shim can be inserted between the socket calls and the TCP
    copy to mbuf or from mbuf.
    On many socket implementations this can be achieved by just changing the
    protocol "name" in the socket data structure and then have the shim revert
    it to the original.

    However we should not be very concerned about stacks that use a
    full-fledged mbuf structure and copy the data - their rates will be too low
    and they might as well reject the option.

    Julo

    "David Peterson" <dap@cisco.com> on 05/01/2001 23:40:07

    Please respond to "David Peterson" <dap@cisco.com>