    RE: iFCP: A couple of iFCP questions

    Hi Rob:

    With any directory-driven application, there is always a time skew between
    when the information is received and when it is used. To address that
    unavoidable window, the session initiator can confirm the device I/D at
    session startup.  As part of the login handshake the session initiator is
    given the WWUI of the responder, which can be checked against the original
    value.  If there's a difference, the initiator can reissue the directory
    query. State change notifications can, of course, help this by speeding the
    discovery of such configuration changes.

    In sum, while it may take some finite time for device configuration changes
    to propagate, the process should naturally converge.  In a practical case,
    this should not be an issue.

    Charles