    RE: iFCP as an IP Storage Work Item

    Hi Paul:

    Basically, I agree with the above.

    The job of an iFCP gateway is to present FC-side N_PORTs to the IP-side (and
    vice-versa).  Everything else behind the gateway is otherwise opaque (as far
    as the IP-side is concerned).

    The FC side of the gateway may, of course, support interfaces to other kinds
    of FC devices or topologies, such as FC switch elements, arbitrated loops,
    you-name-it. Although the gateway must comply with the standards or specs
    that apply in such cases, these are not within the scope of iFCP since these
    interfaces and topologies are not presented on the IP side of the gateway
    and are therefore not a factor in gateway-to-gateway interoperability.

    Charles