    Re: Framing Discussion

    >Buffer being allocated by the user application is just one case
    >where applications are doing raw read. I understand that it
    >is a problem when buffers are pre-allocated. But is this
    >the problem space we are addressing here ?

    Yes, this is what that needs to be addressed. SCSI applications always
    pre-allocate the buffer before sending out the SCSI read request.

    >2) iscsi layer posts commands and willing to receive buffers
    >   handed by the transport layer. In this cases, i would assume
    >   the iscsi layer can easily separate the data belonging to
    >   the different commands it posted. I don't see why you need
    >   any other extra mechanism here.

    Since the application has already pre-allocated the buffer, if the
    data is received from the transport layer is in a different buffer,
    the iscsi layer has to copy the data into the application buffer.

    -JP